Friday, March 4, 2011

Grateful for Gratitude



GRATITUDE.  It is the cure-all.  In my search for happiness, I'm discovering that finding Gratitude in everything is as necessary to the heart as water is to the body. It cleanses us from Self, which is the ultimate destroyer of every good thought or deed.  The key to releasing myself from the bondage of Self, is  not only finding Gratitude, but expressing Gratitude.  I've learned that every act a human being makes is either an act of LOVE or and act of FEAR. Every act that isn't loving,(anger, jealousy, envy, greed, pride,etc) is simply a manifestation of Fear.  If perfect love casts out fear, and Gratitude is the highest, most purest form of love, then naturally Gratitude is the antidote to fear.  William Arthur Ward said that "Experiencing gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."  So naturally, if we're not expressing our gratitude, there is no loving....only "self-ing". 

I don't like the phrase "Give credit where credit is due", frankly because it sounds like an order and not a suggestion.  I don't play by the rules well.  This girl  has to fall on her face to  learn that the ground is hard.  I am grateful for the ground.... it stops me from an eternity of falling.  Wherever there is good, there is a gratitude waiting to be sewn in.  When we are in Gratitude, we are contributing to life.  When we are not, we are simply contributing to Self..  Self only serves Self.  Gratitude is the gift that keeps on giving.  Just like the symbol of gratitude (shown above), it is an intricate circle that continues to feed itself and expand.  I like being part of that circle.  The best part?.... There is room for all of us.  Happy Gratitude Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment